9.15.2008

So I suppose we need an Introduction

Introductions; they're a formal presentation of whats to come. Had I a more refined understanding of what is to come, I'd be sure to formally present it to you here, but to be perfectly honest I haven't a clue. I want everything that I've ever written down here. That's the goal; that's the purpose. Every little note, every little memo, every essay, every paragraph, ever sentence that had some heart- I want it here and together. Dated, organized, understood.

So, the first question would be who, exactly, am I? Well, for starters, my name is Irina. I'm 20 years old. I'm a full-time college student, majoring in Psychology. I have a part-time job at a learning Center and am working on starting another part-time job doing one-on-one private tutoring. I live with my parents and my younger brother, Steven. My mother has been a tremendous influence on me. I was born in Ukraine and moved to Brooklyn when I was 5 years old. My immigrant upbringing has had a tremendous influence on me. I have, for most of my life, understood myself to be Jewish. That too, has had a tremendous influence on me. But the most tremendous influence of all has been Love. Love has changed me, for better and for worse. It continues to change me. Who I am, all of these things, and what I think lead an unmistakably intertwined path. I'm no one special. My words hold no significance to you, yet they mean everything to me. I only wish to understand.

No comments: